THIS BLOGGER HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOGGER HAS MOVED!
I am now writing exclusively over at the Christians In Context blog. Click on this banner to be taken there!

Redeemer Church

Redeemer Church
Looking for a church in the Omaha area? Come check out ours on Sunday mornings at 11!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quotes from Joel Beeke's message on prayer

Joel Beeke was the keynote speaker at the 2011 Desiring God Conference for Pastors this year. His message "Cultivating Private Prayer as a Pastor" was chock-full of quotes that I found challenging, insightful, and applicable to even the layman. Joel began emphasizing the dire importance of prayer by saying "Prayer is the most Christ-like thing we can engage in". I wanted to share some other great quotes from his message:
"Good prayers never come weeping home. I am sure I shall either receive what I asked—or what I should have been asking for in the first place." - Joseph Hall

"You can do more than pray after you pray; but you can't do more than pray until you pray." - John Bunyan

When asked how one could pray better in public, Charles Spurgeon responded "Pray more in private".

Luther, when asked why he always prayed aloud, said "I want even the devil to hear me pray".

No comments: